Wednesday, December 7, 2011

TICK TOCK

I have said before ,  creating titles for the Blog has been alot of fun and due to a wonderful comment from a friend last week ........Tick Tock , I had to use her comment..........Thank you Linda .   I feel like Captain Hook ,  I keep hearing that old CROC as our time here slips away........Tic-Toc , Tic-Toc , Tic-Toc .

Life got a little out of hand here at the farm this past week ,  suitcases bursting at their zippers , one that would not close and OH YES...........a stack of THINGS that didn't have a suitcase at all . 

Well apparently my wife's definition of a simple life is somewhat different than mine from our pack list of must take..........a Corkscrew , Vegetable Peeler ( ergo dynamic ) and Meat Thermometer..........really Sherry........let us look at what is really important , flip-flops with built in bottle opener , Bose speakers , beer bottle and beer can cozies ( help keep that Pilsens nice and cold )  and 20 Bandanas of various colors that can be used as :  sweat band , wash cloth , towel , a very very light blanket in addition to tying several bandanas together for........Designer Clothing .  YES.......the cheese has slipped off our cracker and we are STRESSING . 

So , we are buying another large suitcase and adding another 40 pounds of our American lifestyle to the simple life in Costa Rica .  Why ?  Because we are afraid we just might need that one thing that we might not be able to get there .   What is happening to our philosophy of " SIMPLE LIFE " and by no way am I implying that mi esposa ( Sherry ) is fully to blame with her ergo vegetable peeler as I too am struggling with my tools..........I had to purchase a interchangeable , multi-head , ratcheting , multi-angling screwdriver along with 40 sheets of sandpaper and enough accessory heads for my dremel that I believe if we did not already have a house in Zancudo..........I could build one if I had only packed the hammer .

Enough craziness........if we can get through the packing of , 2 checked bags, 1 carry-on for the overhead bin and 1 personal bag for under the seat in front for each of us , we will be on our way in 21 days .  We have been through 3 yellow writing pads making list after list of  " To Do " before we go and today our list has only 15 items left to cross off .

Tick-Tock


Pura Vida

2 comments:

  1. TickTockTickTock...isn't that the start of an old classic vinyl song..."Time"...by...I can't remember. I will look it up.
    Anyways, i had to chuckle about the bandana improviso...epecially the designer clothing part. I think this is quite true. Don't forget additional uses: napkin, placemat, patacones wrapper, bug swatter, shell collector, curtain (just to name a few). I still want to help edit your book (The Stuff I Have Found on The Beach.....).
    I hope you continue the blog. Tell Sherry to just get people to send what you guys need. I would just go for it. Plus, you can head down to Panama for what you don't have.
    Take care and have fun, love ya'll cindy

    ReplyDelete