Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dias de los Muertes

Dia de los Muertes ( All Souls Day ) on November 2 is observed across Costa Rica with Catholic masses and pilgrimages to graveyards , unlike the somewhat party atmosphere of Mexico's , Day of the Dead celebration . Still the celebration is interesting...........celebrating ones life !
On our travels throughout Costa Rica I was always amazed at their Cemeteries since most all graves are above ground and very colorful. The picture below is of a cemetery just east of Zancudo and just before Esperanza
Enough of the DEAD let's focus on the living..........all along their were several people we needed to see before we headed south and that was to make the rounds to all the Doctors and the Dentist...........I am glad we met our insurance deductable.........as we have been scanned , poked , scrapped , and prodded in places we forgot we had . The one thing I was most scared about was the Dermatologist being at one time blond with blue eyes and fair skinned heading to 8 degrees latitude............Burning Rays of Death........their we go with the dead thing again........so I certainly was relieved that I only have a few skin barnacles and minor sun damage........just going to take a case of sunscreen SPF5000 . On the other hand , me esposa ( my wife ) who is dark haired and olive skinned will look like a native Costa Rican within a week after we arrive..........can you say TICA ( native Costa Rican female ) .

My doctor was somewhat amazed at my weight loss since my last visit........50 pounds , Thank You World Gym . Feeling fit and ready to start the renovations to Casa Sencillo Paraiso with the first priority of screening to keep out the mosquitos or in Spanish........the Zancudos . For the month we were there this year I never got bit and Sherry........well that ' s another story.........she donated half her blood supply to the mosquito population . I have a theory on why they bite her but I will not share as I do want to be alive to live the simple life in Playa Zancudo.   Pura Vida 

No comments:

Post a Comment