Sunday, November 20, 2011

Oops, Where Did Last Week Go?

Our days are numbered and time is slipping by really fast now , where did Monday go last week when I was suppose to do a new post to the Blog........the weather was warm here at the farm and I still had the back half of the house to pressure wash ,  I am not going to head to another country and leave our house with green mildew growing........there is my OCD up front and center again .  Also ,  friends from California came in on Wednesday for a couple of days so the Blog got pushed to the back burner once again and   I am sure by now you are getting tired of reading about our overflowing luggage , rain , mosquitos , lack of furnishing and the fuzzy creatures living around our jungle home .  Hey , we haven't gotten any comments on us needing PROZAC yet though !

So , we are looking at our last 38 days here and I will tell you the overflowing luggage has become a very big deal .  We are going to have to do with out some things at first so we have decided that we will buy some of the tools that I had planned on taking such as the circular saw , jig saw , sanders and of course my favorite hammer .  However ,  I guarantee the staple gun along with a case of staples will be going with us .  I got new screen to put up or Sherry will be offering up my body and blood as a sacrifice to the mosquitos but as I have said before they don't like me to much .  One bite and they usually fly away in circles and die from head on collisions with palm trees , apparently my blood is to rich for their taste and that certainly does not hurt my feelings .

We have had several offers from our friends to come down and help get our house ready to move into and that is really cool as we are looking so forward to sharing our home and Playa Zancudo with all of our friends .  The house is a diamond in the rough and all that is needed is 6 months of hard work ( sweat equity ) and the property will be awesome !
Our Bedroom previously occupied by Bats and Trash

Open Living area looking back to the Kitchen  with Bedrooms to each side
Cleaned Up and Ready for Screening

We have so many plans for our property once we get the house secure from the pests ( mosquitos , scropions , spiders , and monkeys with a lizard or two ) remember I quoted a 20 year resident of Playa Zancudo in a previous blog who said , " If it ain't hot and there aren't bugs , you are not in paradise ."

Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment