Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sol (Sun) for the Soul

So..........I left Sherry home with her 6 pack of space bags and headed to the Florida Keys with my brother to visit our madre ( mother ) and padre (father ) .  The weather was awesome giving way to kayaking , biking , and swimming........Thanks to some great friends for the use of their kayak and as far as the biking.......I got my southern region toughened up for our only transportation for now in Zancudo.......BIKES  .

Got my internal solar batteries recharged.......love the heat and humidity , unfortunately they are Sherrys' least favorite........the preverbial saying , opposites attract stands so true for us , but to appease mi esposa ( my wife ) I promise she will have air conditioning in our bedroom........I don't care if I have to teach 2 monkeys to wave palm fronds over a cooler of ice.......Anyone know the learning curve on primates ?  There might be a possiblility of some long one nighters for me with palm fronds in my hand over that cooler of ice........Life will be good !

Getting very excited and anxious to get to Zancudo as it is cooling off rather quickly here on the Delmarva peninsula , I am not saying it is freezing yet........I only need thermal socks , thermal long sleeve shirt and flannel sleep pants to make it through the night........you ask why don't we turn up the heat.........ask mi esposa ( my wife )  sleeping away in a short sleeved nighty sans any covers.......just don't get it , but together our life has always been a wonderful adventure and I know this journey we are about to embark on will be no different minus a few.....one or two.....maybe three or four comforts of  home.....well let's look at it this way......we have 2 pieces furniture under a holey roof
Cabinet with sink
Sideboard for cookware, dishes & flatware

Both pieces are made from Costa Rican hardwood........just wish someone had left a bed .  I don't think there would be any room in the sideboard for the 3 Chip-n-dip sets we had before the yard sale !

So we are now down to 7 weeks or 49 days or 1176 hours before we look back over our shoulders and say good-bye to a life we had become so accustomed to and quite frankly taken for granted with excesses many people in the world will never have .  I will tell you the #1  thing I will not miss is TELEVISION .  Enough or I will erupt like Volcan Arenal and it is time to bring the blog to an end this week since I have some yard work to do , mi esposa  ( my wife ) thought I would need something to do .   Funny thing is that 6 pack of space bags that should have already been filled with her clothes and shrink are still laying on the 2 bins of clothing........hum , what was she doing for the 7 days I was gone..........getting her TELEVISION fix and the fact is she cannot figure out how to get that many clothes in her 6 pack of space bags .   Pura Vida

Note:  Next week will be the continuing saga of  " Can I Exchange These Space Bags For The Extra Large Space Bags "

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what happens to us women...we spend the first half of our marriage freezing and the second half sweating! But this leads me to ask, "Why pack all the clothes?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you ladies need options as for me 1 carry on and no underwear! Hope all is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No underwear! No problem!
    Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry & C.J., I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving here in the U.S.... Enjoy that Turkey. Do they have turkey in Costa Rica?


    Love you,
    I have to get into this blog more often.

    ReplyDelete